Mikhneva Svetlana Georgievna, Doctor of economic sciences, professor, sub-department of economics and international relations, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Supikov Vadim Nikolaevich, Doctor of sociological sciences, professor, sub-department of public administration and regional sociology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Yurasov Igor' Alekseevich, Doctor of sociological sciences, associate professor, professor at the sub-department of public administration and regional sociology, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia); director of the Applied Research Center, Institute of Regional Development of Penza region (40 Popova street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Yurasova Ol'ga Nikolaevna, Senior lecturer, sub-department of English language, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Background. At the present time, development of the Russian civil society is an important task of the Conception of long-term socioeconomic development of Russia. One of the social institutes of civil society is socially-oriented nonprofit organizations. These organizations operate in various fields of the Russian social life. It is the development of these institutions that the Russian government counts on. Althogh, according to multiple data of secondary sociological studies, their activity flows beyond the limits of interest of the majority of regular Russian citizens. Weak popularity of nonprofit organizations is often caused by political inactivity of Russians, by the search for new forms of sociopolitical and socioeconomic activities more suitable for out country. The main source of weak popularity of nonprofit organizations is scarce information coverage regarding the activity of socio-oriented nonprofit organizations.
Materials and methods. To achieve the research goal the authors conducted mass and expert surveys, in-depth interviews.
Results. The research has revealed weak Penza regional population’s awareness about the activities of socially oriented nonprofit organizations and regional dwellers’ distrust to the said activities.
Conclusions. The study has found out that the majority of Penza regional citizens have a negative attitude to the activities of socio-oriented nonprofit organizations. The cause of such attitude – the weak population’s awareness about their activities, the weak civil activity of Penza residents and other altenrative form of civil activities in the provincial town.
1. Konstitutsiya RF ot 12 dekabrya 1993 goda. Data obnovleniya: 21.07.2014 [The Constitution of the Russian Federation from 12th December 1993. The date of renewal: 21/07/2014]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”, 2014.
2. Grazhdanskiy Kodeks Rossiyskoy Federatsii (GK RF) ot 30.11.1994 № 51-FZ. Data obnovleniya: 06.04.2015 [The Civil Code of the Russian Federation from 30.11.1994 № 51-FZ. The date of renewal: 06.04.2015]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”, 2017.
3. Ob osnovakh sotsial'nogo obsluzhivaniya grazhdan v Rossiyskoy Federatsii: Feder. zakon Rossiyskoy Federatsii ot 28.12.2013 № 442-FZ. Data obnovleniya: 21.07.2014 [On basic social services to citizens of the Russian Federation: the Federal Law of the Russian Federation from 28.12.2013 № 442-FZ. The date of renewal: 21.07.2014]. RRS “ConsultantPlus”, 2017.
4. Kut'eva D. A., Makarova V. A. Vestnik Pskovskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Pskov State University]. 2013, no. 2, pp. 74–79.
5. O vzaimodeystvii gosudarstvennoy vlasti organov Penzenskoy oblasti s nekommercheskimi organizatsiyami: zakon Penzenskoy oblasti ot 16.09.2009 № 1786-ZPO [On the interaction of the stat authorities of Penza region with nonprofit organizations: the law of Penza region from 16.09.2009 № 1786-ZPO]. Available at: http://www.zspo.ru/ legislative/acts/4542/ (accessed April 07, 2017).
6. Nesterenko N. S. Aspirantskiy sbornik [Postgraduate collection]. 2007, no. 1, pp. 23–28.
7. Semenova Yu. A. Izvestiya vysshikh uchebnykh zavedeniy. Povolzhskiy region. Obshchestvennye nauki [University proceedings. Volga region. Social sciences]. 2015, no. 3 (35), pp. 86–96.